New Baseboard Heaters, Piping and Boiler Installation
– New Baseboard Heaters, Piping and Boiler Installation - Acumen worked magic for my full house remodel! They listened to my concerns and made sure they were doing exactly what I wanted in my home. They have a dependable, trustworthy crew that made me feel comfortable and assured that the job was being done right the first time. Rob (the project manager) has amazing communication and customer service skills and was a pleasure to work with. He took his time to explain things I didn’t understand and listen to me when I needed to ask any questions. I highly recommend this company and plan to use them in future projects.
-Rita L., Baltimore
– I would like to thank you for your prompt response when our air conditioning unit went out over the week-end. This was especially important since we have an infant. Thomas came on Sunday, and not only repaired the non-working unit, but checked out the second unit as well to make sure everything was working properly. He was very professional and courteous. Please don’t hesitate to use me as a reference anytime. Again thank you.
-Donna H., Annapolis
Plumbing and AC Repair
– Acumen did two jobs for us in the past week. Installed a sump pump and fixed a leaky air-conditioning. In both cases they were on time, professional, a pleasure to work with, and the price was reasonable. Not to mention that our ac no longer leaks and that a sump pump was installed just in time for hurricane Irene! Thank you Pete and crew, you did a fantastic job. We have already recommended you to neighbors and will most definitely use you in the future.
-Kim H., Baltimore
– Quick response and great work! We woke up to broken a/c on one of the hottest days of the year (so far!); BGE was not able to provide service for another 5 days but A1 came out that day, actually within a few hours of our call. Thomas, the technician, was great; he was very courteous, got right to work and stayed to ensure every possible kink was worked out. We would definitely recommend A1 to others and use them again.
-Amy F., Baltimore
– After the AC stopped working at my rental property on a hot mid-summer week, I called around to many contractors in the area. The only one that would work with my schedule and see me that same day was Pete. I was very grateful to get them out there, diagnose the problem, and make the repair within 24 hrs so I could minimize the AC downtime for my tenant. The technicians were knowledgeable, efficient, and Pete gave me a very fair price. I appreciate that Pete values their customers and will definitely call on them again. Thanks again.
-Nick H – Federal Hill
– Dear Acumen, I had you guys out to fix a leak with my diverter the other day and was very pleased and impressed with the service and quick response, work was done quickly and professionally and price was in the ball park (good). I will keep you in mind when something else comes up. Thank you very much.
-Dale in Anne Arundel County
- I am very pleased with the service I received this week. The plumber was very knowledgeable, and did a great job. I highly recommend Acumen.
-Leslie W. – Keller Williams
– Dear Pete, Your men came to my house today and did not do the job I thought they were going to do. I was under the impression they were to paint my garage door, but they didn’t. They replaced it with a new garage door – at least that is what it looks like. I was totally bowled over by the job they did. If I didn’t know any better, I would swear it was a new garage door. I had my garage door painted several years ago by a professional painting company (of course that was before I knew you) that only does painting and while the door looked good, it did not look half as good as it does now. I am totally amazed. Thank you so much for doing such a fantastic job.
– Peter & Allison, Cockeysville
– First of all, Acumen got the work as he was the most responsive of the 3 contractors I requested quotes from. His price was a little higher, but his quote was thorough and detailed. As an avid “do-it-yourself-er”, I’m generally not 100% pleased with work done by contractors in my past. However, now I’ve actually found one that I can trust. The project took a bit longer than planned and the scope modified slightly as we went along, but overall the experience was great. The best part of the experience was the project lead, Mike Sullivan. He made sure everything was completed to his satisfaction (and he has very high standards) and made sure it was done right. He did all the little intangibles and dealt with a number of little bumps and surprises well. Things didn’t always go as planned, but Mike could adapt quickly and figure out innovative solutions to the few technical challenges that came up along the way. His work ethic far exceeded my expectations and his professionalism was excellent. I will use Pete again, and request Mike again for any future improvements (which I’m already starting).
– Mike D. – Riverside Park Baltimore, MD
HVAC Fan Installation -
From Ms. Thornberry about her WhisperGreen exhaust fan installation, Lock Top Chimney Damper, and Faux Decorative Closet Doors: “Everything is great.”
– I wanted to say thank you for assisting me with the repairs on the house located on the Alameda. Settlement was smooth and all of the work was done to satisfaction.
– N. Pierson – Govans
– Thanks again for the guys doing such a good job. I will definitely be coming back when I find things too big for me to fix myself.
– Kristina R – Fleet Street Baltimore City
HVAC Fan Installation
– Just wanted to say that your team (I believe their names were Ross & Chester) were fantastic! They were very professional, informative, considerate, and very clean (I’ve never seen someone get down on their hands and knees to clean up the floor after a job before!). You’ve got wonderful folks on your team – thanks for all the good work, and hope all is well with you!
– Matt R., Silver Spring Homeowner
– We had a very tight deadline to meet, and Pete understood that, accommodated necessary changes in our scope as we went with good humor, and got us in our new space on time and looking great!
– Amy, M. Dundalk Renaissance Corporation
New Bathroom Installation
– We want to thank you for working with us on this project. It was a little longer than expected but this aspect was not the most important element. We are very pleased with the outcome and we came within budget which was the most important part for us. You were extremely helpful in finding competent sub-contractors and we certainly appreciate your experience and professionalism. Using Pete made us feel confident about some of our decisions and definitively less stressed about managing all the sub-contractors since we didn’t know much about home improvement and sometimes didn’t have the time to do so. Thank you for your patience, flexibility and we enjoyed working with you.
– Genevieve and David
– Ross called me yesterday and we set up the wrap up visit for Monday morning (Aug 23rd). The estimates changed between the baseboard work and the gate outside. I feel better about the thorough review given to the dry wall/baseboards. As usual, everyone you ever send out to the house does excellent work.!
– Paul Frentz – Baltimore
– Looks great. What a difference a little color makes. And I absolutely love the closet! The guys said they would pop in today to hang the curtains, since the trim paint was still wet when they left yesterday. Its so fulfilling to see it all coming together!
– Alissa H. – Canton
– Pete’s responsiveness and professionalism are the most obvious differentiators between his company and the competition. But really there is no competition. The crew he employs value quality workmanship, timeliness and accountability. Pete has handled all sorts of jobs for me. From the smallest leak to major renovation, I trust Pete. He is even willing to gather other bids for me on larger jobs to compare and contrast. On the occasion that they are cheaper than what he can charge, he’ll run the job as a GC and negotiate and oversee the subs. Give Pete. The experience is always great and the peace of mind of knowing that I paid a fair price is, well… priceless,
– Brendan Maddigan
– Hi Pete. I was really very impressed with Ross. He did excellent work and was very nice to work with. I actually have a handful of your company’s business cards and will refer business to you with confidence. I will mail a check tomorrow. Thank you,
– Cindy Wallace
– Pete did a wonderful job with our house. He was very helpful and professional. I would definitely recommend Acumen.
– Laura Bodner
Home Repairs - Pete and his team did a fantastic job working on my property. They were responsive, courteous, on time and very professional. I highly recommend Acumen will definitely use them in the future.
– Alice Kennedy
– Pete did a great job with quality of work as well as responsiveness. he always returned calls and was more than happy to assist in doing what the clients needed. would use again!!
– Amanda Lopez
– As a Realtor, I often need estimates and repairs done at a moments notice, and finding a reliable contractor can be difficult. I recently hired Pete for the first time and their service was remarkable! An estimate was given the same day as my request and repairs were completed within 2 business days.
– Jamie Mason, Long and Foster Real Estate
– Pete always gives fair prices and clearly defines their scope of work. I would recommend them to all the REO Agents and Servicers out there.
– Chris Palazzi, Metropolitan Foreclosure
– Having worked in real estate in Baltimore for almost 8 years now, I have worked with a numerous contractors in my time. I have yet to find a better Contractor. Easygoing, hardworking, conscientious about his customers and the business, and honesty are all traits that I attribute to Pete Viti. Once I refer a client to Pete I rest assured knowing my client will be serviced in a timely manner for a fair price. Pete takes calls day, night, and weekends and does what he says he is going to do when he says he is going to do it. All of my clients have been more than satisfied with the work Pete the Handyman has done for them. The website alone demonstrates Pete is the handyman for the technical linked in generation.
– Dave Cummings, Cummings and Co. Realtors
– Thanks Pete, Good Job
– Jackie Z., Robinson Street, 21224
– My wife and I bought a house that needed a new roof. After a little research and a few estimates, we went with Pete in part because their estimate was lower, but also because we were impressed with their responsiveness and web presence. They came out to install a rubber roof over our old one, which comes with a 15 year warranty. They finished the work in three hours and after about a month of rainfall we know that there are no more leaks. The price was very reasonable, the communication was excellent–the roofers did a good job of explaining their work–and overall I was very happy going with Pete.
– Dave and Michele Cookson
– My clients have been nothing but 100 percent satisfied with Pete’s service and cost. I have also used this company to make repairs to my own property. I was impressed with the service and professionalism that I received not only from the office personnel, but also from the onsite tradesmen. I was so confident in the ability and honesty of the workmen that I showed them what I needed to be done and left them to it. I was pleased to later find that the job had been completed as discussed and on time. I would recommend Pete to anyone looking for professional and conscientious repair work.
– Dustin McQuate, Cummings and Co. Realtors